Hi! I’m Robin DeMarco, The Skyping Science Tutor.
I earned a Bachelor of Science in physics with minors in earth science, mathematics and education from SUNY College at Brockport. Upon graduation, I finished my New York State teacher’s certifications in physics, earth science, general science 7-12, and mathematics 7-12. I earned my Master of Science Education a few years later from the University of Buffalo.
For 19 years I taught science and math in public high schools and tutored a variety of subjects. I bring these experiences to each of my tutoring sessions in creating new ways to teach a topic and help my students gain mastery of the subject. Presently, I am only taking students in physics, earth science or middle level general science.
When I’m not working with students, I enjoy spending time with my family and our two dogs, writing fiction under the pen-name Christine Chianti and building an experimental airplane in my shop.
At a Glance:
- Holds New York State Teaching licenses in the areas of physics & general science 7-12, earth science and mathematics 7-12
- Holds BS in physics (from Brockport: minors in earth science and mathematics) MEd in science education (from University at Buffalo)
- 19 years classroom experience teaching various science courses
- 8 years private tutoring experience ranging from basic math to middle school science to chemistry and physics
- 1 year tutoring at large tutoring firm
- Time-Warner cable Crystal Apple award winner